Here's a clean and simple birthday card I made for my friend Laura. I designed the whole card around the tag, which says "So thankful for every bit of you." Absolutely true!
I also used the new Blendabilities markers here -- I love to color, and am having fun teaching myself how to use these. I only have one color family, though, so I'm creating Pumpkin Pie orchids as a new variety :-).
If I were to make this card over, I'd add a thin mat of Pumpkin just to pull that color in a third time. My friend Deena taught me to use each color three times on a card (the second dash of Pumpkin is in the circle on the tag).
If you're reading this, know that I'm so thankful for every bit of you! What are you thankful for today?
- Old Olive base
- Natural Ivory at 5 1/4" x 4" plus scrap for the die cut
- Amazing Birthday (the tag)
- Well Scripted (retired, alas, but I love these greetings)
- Happy Watercolor (also retired; from the Spring Occasions catalog)
- Memento black
- Stampin' Write marker in Old Olive
- Blendabilities markers in Pumpkin Pie
- Banner framelits
- Designer vintage faceted button
- Linen thread
- Glue dots
If you love a retired stamp set, look for it as a download for My Digital Studio -- you can print on cardstock and just use one element -- then stamp/color as normal.