I really like a one-layer card, especially when it has a "collage" style to it. My inspiration came from Kimberly VanDiepen's blog. I don't remember which post exactly, but I was definitely inspired by her style of paper crafting.
I think the trick to the collage look is subtlety: a little bit of background, a little bit of pop, and a little bit of sparkle. I used the Dictionary background stamp, but reverse masked it by tearing a large odd shaped hole in the middle of some printer paper.
- Stamp Set: Papillon Potpourri, Dictionary background, and a past My Paper Pumpkin stamp
- Crumb Cake card stock – 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″
- Very Vanilla card stock - 4" x 1"
- Retro Fresh Designer Series Paper
- Ink: Crumb Cake
- Tools and Accessories:
- 2 3/8" Scallop circle punch
- Butterfly Punch
- Baker’s Twine, Gold
- Gold Sequins
- Stampin’ Dimensionals