I made a warm snowflake card, to celebrate that it's not too cold outside, yet! While making this red, white, and glimmery snowflake card, I decided my snowflake needed dimension. I could have done the scoring and folding thing, that is popular right now, and I'm sure it would have been pretty. Instead I did a little snowflake carving.
I used the smallest of the Festive Flurry framelits and made some snips, as shown in the photo above. I added pieces of Stampin' Dimensionals to the back side of the parts that are sticking up, and a glue dot to the center. When I put this on top of my, already stamped, Real Red snowflake, I only gave a push to the center, and it popped up a little more! Love the dimension!
I finished off the snowflake by stamping the smallest of the snowflakes on a piece of Whisper White card stock, and cutting out the center. I double stacked Dimensionals under the star and added it to the center of the snowflake. Then I blinged it up with rhinestones!
- Stamp Sets: Festive Flurry, and Remembering Christmas (for the sentiment)
- Real Red card stock - 5 1/2" x 8 1/2"
- Whisper White card stock - 3 1/2" x 4 3/4", and 3/4" wide strip for sentiment
- Silver Glimmer paper - 3 5/8" x 4 7/8", and 1 1/4" x 5 1/2"
- Ink: Real Red
- Tools and Accessories:
- Big Shot Die Cutting Machine
- Festive Flurry Framelits dies
- Perfect Polka Dot embossing folder
- Rhinestone Basic Jewels
- Stampin' Dimensionals
- Glue Dots