When I started to create this card, I was going for the neutral color scheme, so that it would work well for a kid or male birthday. I was playing with the technique of inking up a clear block and then spritzing it with water, so that it gives a water color look to the background. That didn't really work out the way I had intended, but I liked the way the Smokey Slate kinda looked like asphalt. But then, I felt like I needed a little more "mess" on the white, so I stamped around the upper right corner with the clear block inked up with Marina Mist. I was pretty pleased with the outcome.
- Sahara Sand card base
- Tangerine Tango card stock cut to 3 3/8" by 4 3/8"
- Whisper White card stock cut to 3 1/4" by 4 1/4"
- Marina Mist card stock cut to 1 1/4" by 5 1/2"
- Banners cut to 1" Marina Mist, 5/8" Whisper White, and 3/4" Tangerine Tango DSP (retired)
- Cycle Celebration stamp set
- Smoky Slate ink pad
- Marina Mist ink pad
- Clear Block
- Marina Mist, Smoky Slate, and Basic Black markers