These bachelorette party invitations have been brewing ever since I found out that my friend was getting married. I knew I wanted to use an embossed gown on the front of the invitations.
But what to put inside?
A party dress!
The invites say "A night on the town before she puts on the gown!"
I created a template for the gown shape using thick card (I think it was the packaging from one of the Simply Created kits). The bodice is a circle; the hip is an oval. Then I hand drew and cut each gown, taking care to reverse the template for the inside. I then embossed each gown shape.
The card base is only about 1/2" on the front of the card; I ran snail down the hinge and layered the ribbon and the pink gown, then wove the ribbon around the hinge and ran snail down the front side before gluing the white gown to the pink.
I used My Digital Studio to get the color on the invitation wording to exactly match the Pink Passion cardstock (I "erased" much of the info for the picture here). My friend has no idea how much I love her -- this color of cardstock is retired!!
Paper and card:
- Basic black, cut to 5/12" by 4 3/4" and scored at 4/14"
- Whisper White
- Pink Passion (retired! I know! so sad!)
- My Digital Studio
- Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder (inside); I used another random one from my stash for the wedding gown, but Petals-a-Plenty would be really cute
- 5/8" organza ribbon in Whisper White
- Rhinestones and pearls
- Itty Bitty Shapes punches
- Glue dots, SNAIL, plus Tombow