It's been years since I have properly celebrated St. Patrick's Day, thanks to motherhood. It would have only occurred to me to send a card post St. Patty's....sorry I made the floor of your car green, or something like that. Now, I make green kool-aid for the kiddos, and stamp cards weeks in advance of a very non-card sending holiday.
I saw this sketch on the clean & simple stamping blog and immediately thought of shamrocks.
- Wild Wasabi card base
- Whisper White card stock cut to 5 1/2" by 4"
- Punch out 8 Wild Wasabi medium sized hearts from the Heart to Heart punch (119881), use the Simply Scored scoring tool and score each heart in half. Fold, and glue 2 hearts together to make a 3-D leaf of the shamrock. Repeat with the remaining hearts.
- Punch out 6 Wild Wasabi small hearts from the same punch.
- Cut three thin strips of Wild Wasabi card stock for the stems.
- Color basic pearls with a green sharpie, and adhere to white card stock, then adhere stems, then lastly, adhere the shamrock leaves.
- Cut Just Add Cake ( 124339) dsp to 4" by 1 3/4", then rough up the top edge with your scissors.
- Adhere Whisper White taffeta ribbon with red sticky strip, 'scrunching' it as you stick it down.
- Stamp greeting from Teeny Tiny Wishes in Wild Wasabi ink, and punch it out with the Modern Label Punch (119849).
- Punch out two Modern Labels in Wild Wasabi card stock, and glue them together, then glue your greeting on top of that.
- Use paper piercing tool and insert the mini brads (122941), adhere with dimensionals.
- Go to your local pub and have a pint of Guinness with your favorite card crafter.