There's always a first time for everything and for me this is the first card I have ever created for a sketch. I am participating in the PPA's (Pals Paper Arts) Sketch Challenge this week. I was so nervous since I had never done a sketch before but there was no reason for my nervousness. This is the fastest card I have ever made that is original and without CASE-ing. It literally took me 10 minutes to create my card once I picked my color combination and stamp set. I sure could get a lot more cards created if they only took me 10 minutes to create. This sketch challenge has inspired me to try even more!
- 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" Pool Party card stock as the card base; score at 4 1/4"
- 3 3/4" x 5" Wisteria Wonder layer
- Punch out a 5" long piece of Wisteria Wonder card stock using the Lace Ribbon Border Punch; attach to Wisteria Wonder layer using glue dots or snail
- 3 1/2" x 4 5/8" Whisper White layer stamped with flower image
- Ink flower image from Elements of Style stamp set with Pool Party ink; use an Island Indigo marker to add color to different parts of the flowers to add detail to the images
- Ink a greeting similar to "Life is a matter of moments." from Elements of Style stamp set with Island Indigo ink; add greeting in top right hand corner
- Wrap a piece of Pool Party Ruffle ribbon around the bottom of the Whisper White layer before adding it onto the card
- Ink hummingbird image from Elements of Style stamp set with Wisteria Wonder ink onto a Whisper White scrap; cut around hummingbird image and add to card using a dimensional to add some dimension to your card
- All done...Now wasn't that easy?
Color Combination: Pool Party, Island Indigo & Wisteria Wonder
Punch: Lace Ribbon Border Punch #122362
Pool Party Ribbon #122975