I'm going to try to make this story short. Tonight I saw a layout challenge I wanted to try (my first challenge I might add). I went on up to my stamp room and picked out the perfect stamp set. I planned this card on Stampin' Up!'s grid paper (I'm not kidding), so I could achieve perfect spacing. I used the magical Stamp-a-ma-jig to help me with perfect placement of the stamps. Ta-da! The little flowers spaced apart perfectly! Next, I chose a greeting. I had a little difficulty with this because I wanted the perfect sized greeting. Love the stamp set Pursuit of Happiness, so I chose this greeting from that set, "Everything will be okay in the end. If it isn't okay, it isn't the end". I get out the Stamp-a-ma-jig, and do my SAMJ thang, lift up the stamp....it's crooked! Ack! Then a smile came over my face as I was thinking how ironic this saying was, so I left it.
Here is the challenge layout:
- Pocket Silhouettes (111672) and Pursuit of Happiness (121907 wood/ 121970 clear) stamp sets.
- Lucky Limeade card stock (122926) 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" (fold), 1 piece 1/4" x 5"
- Pool Party card stock (122924) 5 1/4" x 3 1/2" - Punch Pool Party CS with Scallop Trim Border punch (118402)
- Whisper White card stock (100730) 3" x 5" - stamped with Lucky Limeade ink (122935) and Pool Party ink (122938).
- Everyday Enchantment Ribbon & Brad Pack (Sale-a-Bration item #127279, available free with $50 order)