My favorite sister just got engaged on Christmas Eve, so of course, I needed to send a card! If you have seen the new Stampin'Up! Occasions Mini Catalog, you would say, "Jen, the Love & Laughter set on page 29 would be perfect!" But that would mean I would have to get up out of my house and drive over to Deena's to borrow the set that I do not own. And I already have my comfy pants on. So, I'm standing in front of my cabinet with the doors open, staring at my stack of stamp sets. (In just a few minutes, this scene will move into the kitchen and I will be staring into my refrigerator in much the same way.) I finally got my spark of inspiration when I took a look at the stamp set Letter It. My youngest daughter received a Christmas gift from our good friend...
meet Ox, the Ugly Doll.
At first he is pretty ugly, but then you read his little introduction, and you pick him up off the floor 5 or 6 times a day, and he starts to grow on you. The O and X are from the hugs and kisses sentiment that people sometimes sign at the end of a note. Now isn't he just a little bit cute?
- Baja Breeze card stock cut to 8 1/2 by 5 1/2, then folded.
- Whisper White card stock cut to 5 1/4 by 3 1/2 inches, then rough up the bottom edge with your fingernail just a little.
- Night of Navy card stock cut to 3/4 inches. (adhere this piece to the card base first!)
- Pocketful of Posies Designer Series Paper cut to 5 1/4 by1 inch.
- Letter It stamps in Night of Navy (which need re-inked badly!)
- Decorative Label punch (120907) with Night of Navy card stock.
- 3 basic pearl jewels (119247) If you don't have a sheet of these in your arsenal, you are missing out, these bad boys are $4.95 for a sheet of 150! And you can color them any color with a sharpie and they look AWESOME! (And I'm not really a pearl kind of girl.)