I used the new Hearts Collection Framelits (the two smallest dies) as well as the small heart punch to give me a variation of sizes. This heart is about 8 1/2" wide and tall. It could be created much larger, but I liked this size for my 12 x 12 frame (that I hang in my dining room and change out the artwork on a regular basis). I store my 12 x 12 artwork pieces in a top loading scrapbook.
- Calypso Coral card stock (122925)
- Whisper White card stock (100730) 1 pc 12 x 12 and 1 pc for your heart (my heart is approx. 8 1/2 x 8 1/2)
- Pearls (119247)
- Hearts Collection Framelits (125599) - two smallest sizes
- Small Heart Punch (117193)
- Cut out a heart from Whisper White card stock. It can be free handed, but honestly I'm too much of a perfectionist for that. I used a small die cut out in colored card stock, and used a projecter to blow it up to the size I wanted.
- Cut out a TON (I didn't count, and I'm not about to) of hearts from the Calypso Coral card stock, in different sizes, and score all of them down the middle.
- Fill up your heart with your design. Remember, flowers lose petals; it's okay to have singles to fill up the gaps! I used tweezers to help place the petals.
- Pearl centers is totally optional, although I really like it. It's a bit tricky because the petals want to kick them off! Roll up a mini glue dot with your fingers and with tweezers press down in the centers of your flowers (it will stand up a bit). Set pearl on top of this little glue ball.